International Conference on Consumer Finance for Vietnam
Vietnam’s Consumer Finance is one of the fastest growth markets in Vietnam in recent years. Total country’s loan book recorded at 605 trillion VND for both banks and non-banks as at 31 December 2016. Included in that, total loan book by pure consumer finance players amounting to 56.3 trillion VND and with annual growth rate of 48% over the last three years 2014-2016 and expected to increase sharply in 2017 and years to come.
Currently, consumer finance companies provide unsecured loans via not only POS by cooperating with retailers and their direct sales agents but also emerging channels such as via employers’ payroll systems, Internet with Big Data technology and partnering with e-commerce and e-payment platforms.
Although market remains very potential because of low penetration and significant unbanked population in Vietnam, various challenges and policy developments are yet to be shared and discussed by all stakeholders including the regulators, consumer finance companies, banks, e-payment and e-commerce firms, investors and international organizations for a sustainable and healthy development of the sector in the future.
During the course of providing services to market and various exchanges with market participants and discussion with the regulator, many issues have arisen and yet need to be addressed including: what is the manageable level of the sector growth for Vietnam from risk management perspective? What are the social impacts to consumer/borrower’s protection and how CF companies would improve the underwriting process? How legal and policy framework governing the CF should be developed to support the healthy development of the sector? How are the emerging CF models e.g. by application of Big Data, Fintech and Peer-to-Peer lending, should be applied and regulated in the unique context of Vietnam?
This situation motivates us to organize this Conference. This will be a platform for dialog between market participants, investors, researchers and regulators to discuss such issues and provide a great reflection from market practice, international experience to the sustainable and healthy development of CF market in Vietnam.
This is the second event on Vietnam’s Consumer Finance Market organized by StoxPlus with support from SBV. We wish to partner and cooperate with various stakeholders and sponsors to have a successful event and bring value to the market and policy makers.
Main Speakers and Panelists
Nguyen Kim AnhAssoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Kim Anh
Deputy Governor of the State Bank
Kalidas GhoseVice Chairman & CEO
Vietnam Prosperity Bank Finance
Company, Ltd. (FE CREDIT)
Reet ChaudhuriSenior Expert (CIB) at McKinsey
McKinsey & Company
Nguyen Quang ThuanChief Executive Officer
Nguyen Quynh LanManaging Director,
Business Information Services,
This event is open for registration until 10am Monday, September 25,2017
- Venue: Hanoi (Melia Hanoi, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem)
- Date: 19 October 2017 (Thursday)
- Time: 08:30 – 13:30PM
- Theme: Accessing the sector landscape and its future growth potential
- Organizer: StoxPlus
- Endorsed by: The State Bank of Vietnam
- Supporters: Nikkei Inc. and The World Bank in Vietnam
- Sponsors: FE Credit
- Media Partners: Vietnam News, Vietnam Investment Review, Nikkei Asian Review
- Participants: Foreign and local investors, banks, consumer finance companies, e-payment, e-commerce. Approx. 150－ 200 people
- Media: The Event will also be broadly aired in all local leading news papers and international newspapers in Vietnam
- There will be approximately 150-200 participants from Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong etc attending this Event
- For non-members: US$200/ per participant
- There will be approximately 150-200 participants from Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong etc attending this Event. This is invited and paid-participation event with entrance fee at US$200 per person. Networking lunch provided right after the event.
Foreign companies C-level
- Financial institutions: (i) banks; (ii) consumer finance companies; (iii) investment funds; (iv) investment companies;
- Corporate leaders of e-commerce and Internet companies
- Research and consulting companies
- International organizations (WB, IFC, ADB, JICA, etc)
- Commercial banks
- Finance companies
- E-payment and e-wallet companies
- Investment funds and asset managers
- Research and consulting companies
Selected Events by StoxPlus in Financial Sector
StoxPlus organized the International Business Forum “Vietnam – Global Opportunities for Sustainable Local Development” held by the International Investment Bank (IIB) and the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), which represents the country in the IIB Council on 7th December 2017
HOSE and StoxPlus organized “Vietnam Stock Market: On the Way to Emerging Markets” Conference 2016. About 250 participants including representatives from investment and financial institutions from Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Thailand, Malaysia, US and EU attending this conference
StoxPlus arranged the “Executive Breakfast on Vietnam Consumer Finance Market 2016” on June 2, 2016.
StoxPlus and Singapore Business Group organized M&A Conference, HCMC, Jul 2017